Northern Virginia Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates
recommend the following webpages:
- Getting Your Asthma Under Control, A Self-Evaluation–a patient guide from the American College of Chest Physicians and the Chicago Asthma Consortium [English] pdf | [Spanish] pdf
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT): Evaluation of Lung Volume Reduction Surgery for Emphysema
Affordable Prescription Drugs
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance – helps qualifying patients who lack prescription coverage get the medicines they need.
- RxAssist – Patient assistance programs are run by pharmaceutical companies to provide free medications to people who cannot afford to buy their medicine. RxAssist offers a comprehensive database of these patient assistance programs.
- Needy Meds – A resource for people who cannot afford medicine or other healthcare costs, NeedyMeds has information on nearly 800 programs.
- National Home Oxygen Patients Association (NHOPA)
- The Pulmonary Paper – Dedicated to Respiratory Health Care
- The Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) Web site provides practical health care information to consumers, researchers and health professionals, including information on how to stop smoking
- The Prevention of Lung Disease and the Promotion of Lung Health is the Goal of the National Health Education Program (NLHEP)
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: A Team Approach to Improving the Quality of Life, a Patient Education Guide by the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Choose one of the conditions below to find assistance, support, or resources.
- Allergy and Asthma Network, Mothers of Asthmatics
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA)
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis Research Inc.
- Cystic Fibrosis Worldwide
- Emphysema Foundation For Our Right To Survive (EFFORTS)
- The National Emphysema Foundation (NEF)
- The Alliance for Lung Cancer (ALCASE)
- It’s Time to Focus on Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer Online
- The National Familial Lung Cancer Registry
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- American Sleep Apnea Association
- AWAKE (Alert, Well, and Keeping Energetic)
- National Sleep Foundation
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Division of Tuberculosis Elimination
- National Tuberculosis Center
Other Pulmonology Resources
- American Lung Association (ALA)
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association